- Carbon neutral
- Backed by skincare experts
- Free local delivery - Ballina, Lismore & surrounds
Silymarin CF is our vitamin c antioxidant serum formulated for oily and acne-prone skin types to reduce oiliness, refine texture and enhance skin clarity for healthier-looking results. With a powerful antioxidant combination, this l-ascorbic acid serum blends vitamin c, ferulic acid, silymarin and salicylic acid for the ideal oil-free solution for blemish-prone skin. Provide skin with effective antioxidant protection against free radical damage to minimise the formation of fine lines, wrinkles and unrefined skin texture.
The measure of an antioxidant is not only its environmental protection, but its visible results. Silymarin CF clinical studies show a reduction in oiliness, refined skin texture, and an improvement in skin clarity, fine lines, and overall appearance.
Reduces oil oxidation by up to 76% (Statistically significant change from baseline (p <0.001). Protocol: Sebum collected from the forehead of 35 subjects in China with oily skin, after 4 weeks of Silymarin CF use. The ratio of squalene to squalene peroxides was measured).
After 1 week, a 16% reduction in oiliness (Statistically significant change from baseline (p≤0.05). Protocol: A 12-week, single-center clinical studies conducted on 60 men and women ages 18-50 with oily and blemish-prone skin. Silymarin CF was applied once daily in conjunction with a sunscreen. (Brazil, 2020)).
At 4-weeks 12% improvement in overall appearance, 13% improvement in clarity, and 13% improvement in Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. After 8 weeks, a 25% improvement in clarity, 38% improvement in texture, 24% improvement in fine lines, 38% improvement in radiance, 28% improvement in skin tone evenness, 41% improvement in overall appearance (Statistically significant change from baseline (p≤0.05). Protocol: an 8-week, single-center clinical study conducted in the USA on 55 women ages 25–50 with mild to moderate signs of photodamage. Silymarin CF was applied once daily in conjunction with a sunscreen).
How To Use
Gently press 4-5 drops of the vitamin c serum onto skin after cleanser and toner, focusing on the facial canvas, neck and chest before completing your skincare routine for oily skin.
Pair this antioxidant serum with a broad-spectrum sunscreen such as the SkinCeuticals Ultra Facial Defense SPF 50+ to maximise your skin's protection against the effects of oxidative damage.
- L-Ascorbic Acid L-ascorbic acid is a potent form of Vitamin C that provides skin with effective protection against free radical damage, in addition to minimising the signs of visible ageing. This l-ascorbic acid serum contains 15% of the powerful antioxidant ingredient to refine skin texture, enhance skin radiance and reduce oxidative damage.
- Silymarin Silymarin is an antioxidant derivative of milk thistle, ideal for oily and acne-prone skin types as it works to prevent oil oxidation and is non-comedogenic so prevents the formation of clogged pores. The Silymarin CF Antioxidant Serum contains 0.5% silymarin, boosting antioxidant benefits for protection against free radicals.
- Ferulic Acid Ferulic acid enhances the effects of other antioxidants such as Vitamin C, to neutralise free radicals and provide preventative protection against visible signs of ageing such as fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots. This antioxidant serum is formulated with 0.5% ferulic acid to protect skin from external aggressors such as UV radiation.
- Salicylic Acid Salicylic acid is a BHA that offers skin a chemical exfoliation to refine pores and prevent the formation of blemishes, making the ideal ingredient for oily and acne-prone skin. The Silymarin CF vitamin c serum is formulated with 0.5% salicylic acid for effective oil-control and decongestion.
855290 57 – AQUA/WATER, ALCOHOL DENAT., ASCORBIC ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LAURETH-23, SILYBUM MARIANUM FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM CITRATE, SALICYLIC ACID, FERULIC ACID, D251111/1.
Please be aware that ingredient lists for the products of our brand are updated regularly. Please refer to the ingredient list on your product package for the most up to date list of ingredients to ensure it is suitable to your personal use.
Science & Proof
Growing research shows a link between oil oxidation and the formation of blemishes. When skin’s oils oxidize, this specific type of free radical damage can cause a cycle of inflammation and bacteria that is linked to blemish formation. Daily environmental aggressors like sun and pollution can generate free radicals that further oxidize skin oils. Silymarin CF is scientifically demonstrated to reduce oil oxidation by up to 76%. This combination antioxidant serum is formulated under the Duke Antioxidant patent.
Vitamin C is a highly-potent antioxidant that by its structure has difficultly being effectively absorbed by skin. The Duke Antioxidant patent outlines the formulation parameters required for effective delivery of vitamin C to skin: 1) pure l-ascorbic acid (vitamin C); 2) an acidic pH within the 2.0-3.5 pH range and; 3) a concentration between 10%-20%. SkinCeuticals is the only brand to formulate antioxidants according to these parameters.
Intensive exposure - 68% protection from Erythema at 3x MED (One exposure of x3 minimum erythema doses represents a more intensive exposure one would receive on a sunny day at the beach). Daily exposure - 79% protection from erythema at 1x MED (three consecutive daily exposures of one mimum erythema dose represents chronic inflammation from UV exposure one would encounter in daily life) (Protocol: 10 subjects received application of Silymarin CF on the back for four consecutive days followed by UV-irradiation with one exposure of 3x MED or three consecutive daily exposures of 1x MED. Measurements of erythema and photography were taken 24 hours after the final exposure.)